This is going to be a beautiful day. The way you can know that is because you will make it so.
This is going to be a productive day. You can live its moments with your awareness focused on bringing new value to life.
This is going to be a unique, memorable day. You have the opportunity right now to make the memories great ones.
This is going to be a joyful day. Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, whomever you’re with, you can add your own joy to the mix.
This is going to be a meaningful day. For you can use its many moments and possibilities in the service of what truly matters.
The way this day turns out depends on what you choose to do with it. And what you can choose, right now, is to make it the best one yet.
— Ralph Marston
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt , just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string , I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there , but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss , but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess mom is , but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger , but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
4. Moms have magic , they make you feel better without medicine..
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it , she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside , I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know , her hair. I'd diet , maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom , what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Here are two tax changes for 2014 that you should be aware of.
1. Social Security Wage Baseline – Fortunately, you are limited on the earnings subject to taxation every year for Social Security. The tax rate stayed the same at 6.2%, however the earnings base in 2014 is $117,000, up from $113,700 in 2013. Put simply, you may be subject to a bit more tax liability for Social Security if your salary allows for it. Remember too, the 6.2 percent rate is paid by both employee and employer.
2. Pension and 401k limits – The contribution limit for your 401k is staying the same in 2014. However, some notable changes include: