8 suggestions for a “Live More/Love More Summer”
1. Resist the urge to get “one more thing” accomplished—instead get in one more hug, one more cleansing breath, or one more page of your favorite book.
2. Lower the bar—let good enough be good enough. Happiness trumps perfection every single time if you let it.
3. Notice fireflies, ice cream mustaches, and unexpected cool breezes. Express thanks for these summer delights loud enough for your kids to hear you. They will begin to notice them too.
4. When plans go awry, just let go—sometimes the unplanned has a way of turning out better anyway.
5. Serve up daily helpings of grace. We’re learning; they’re learning. Embracing our humanness allows others to embrace theirs.
6. Say yes to what matters and no to what doesn’t. Act on the callings of your heart and don’t feel guilty about it.
7. Run in the sprinkler. Do a cannonball into the pool. Refuse to let the size of your thighs deprive you of sweet relief and uninhibited joy on a hot summer day.
8. When critical thoughts become words that hurt the people you love or yourself, recite the phrase: “Only love today.” Recite it 10,000 times a day if you have to. Love is a much softer place to lay your head at night.
© Rachel Macy Stafford 2014
*For more inspiration & simple strategies to let go of daily distraction, societal pressure, & perfection, check out HANDS FREE MAMA the book ⇒http://amzn.to/1gDzKRO